Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ami chini go chini tomare

Ami chini go chini tomare - in English
Translated a Rabindrasangeet in English

I feel like i know you really well, o my fair lady
Your home is across the wildest seas, o my fair lady

When I see you during the spring sunrise
When you pass me in the fragrant nights
When you catch my sight, o my fair lady

I waited for you so long, only to hear your song
I dedicate this life of mine, to you my fair lady

Traveling far and near, I have reached you o my dear
I'm a guest at your door, o my fair lady

4 comments:

Mishree said...

This was the first song I learnt as a kid :)

Thanks for jogging my memory!

Incidentally, you've written this post on my birthday!

Keep writing,

Mishree.

Arpan Kar said...

Wow, today I realized someone actually reads this blog also.. I never publicize this one..
Thanks Mishree

Unknown said...

my first bengali song...love this song....:)thnks a lot for ur post..

Arpan Kar said...

Thanks Namrata...